Motor Trade Insurance

Twitter Twitter Linked In You Tube

Motor Trade Insurance, Car Dealers Insurance, Traders Insurance, Car Trade Insurance

click-here-motor-trade-quoteWhat is it?

Simply it is a Motor Trade policy that enables a Motor Trader to drive any vehicles he owns, is selling, or he is working on.

Who can buy a Motor Trade Policy?

Anyone over 21 years of age who earns an income full or part time from the motor trade, from business premises, mobile or from home eg: Valeters, Auto Electricians, Mechanics, Motor Engineers, Motor Traders, Panel Beaters, Windscreen Repairers, M.O.T Stations, Trade Platers, Chip Repairers, and including anyone involved in Car Sales, Service or Repairs, Breakdown and Recovery, Car Delivery, Removal of Dents and Scratches, Auto Signwriting. Anyone who earns an income from buying and selling motor vehicles, or from working on them.It is a little more complicated if you also have another job and can be a little more expensive.

Motor Mechanics may wish to visit us at

Anyone involved in car valeting may wish to visit our sister site

Who can not buy a Motor Trade Policy?

image1Car Dealers Insurance

Someone not connected to the motor trade seeking only to insure a number of vehicles, or one highly rated vehicle cheaply. Some part time motor traders with some other driving jobs can be difficult.

What does a motor trade road risks policy cover?

There are only a limited number of insurance companies offering motor trade road risks policies and none of the policies give exactly the same cover. A few of the variations and extensions are detailed below. Some motor trade policies (but not all) can be extended to cover vehicles at your home -otherwise they will cover you only whilst in the course of a journey. Cover can be Comprehensive, Third Party Fire and Theft or Third Party Only. They will normally cover specified drivers whilst they are driving vehicles which either belong to the policy holder or are in the policyholders possession for motor trade purposes.


Motor Traders may also need Public Liability cover and if you employ other valeters, it is a legal requirement to have Employers Liability Insurance. We can arrange these insurances very competitively.


Employers Liability Insurance is a legal requirement if you employ anyone on either a permanent or temporary basis. It is to protect you against any claim they may make against you for injury. Courts will nearly always seem to award in favour of an employee and claims can be very substantial - with just minor looking injuries costing employers tens of thousands of pounds. Employers Liability cover cannot normally be taken out on it's own - it is usually tied to a Public Liability policy.


Public Liability policies can be purchased without the Employers Liability cover and protect you against claims made by members of the public for damage or injury that you have caused. This cover is not compulsory but must be bought if you also need Employers Liability Insurance.


People employed by you to do work even on a "Self Employed" or "Sub-Contract" basis are not members of the public and the only way you can protect yourself against claims made by them is to arrange Employers Liability cover.

For an INSTANT Motor Trade QUOTE - Please call us on FREE PHONE 0800 043 3634

Our Office Hours are from 9 till 5 - Monday to Friday.

We also regularly monitor calls out of hours so leave a message on the answering machine if phoning during evening or weekends


Click the above for a simple quotation form that you can complete online and submit by e-mail. We will respond with an indication of the likely premium.

The motor trade quotation is normally provided within an hour during the next working day.



We understand that many of our motor trade friends are experiencing difficulty arranging home insurance. We are told that some of the major insurers are rejecting clients who declare their occupations as motor traders and claims are being turned down for some who have not told the insurers that they deal or work with cars.

We do not sell home insurance ourselves – but we know a man who does.

Please click here for a Home Insurance Quotation Form

NMT Road Risks Ltd trades as Newberry Motor Trade and is an Insurance Broker specialising in Insurances for the Motor Trade.


Newberry Motor Trade is a trading name of Headley Insurance Services Limited


Headley Insurance Services Limited is Authorised and Regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. FCA Reg No 306701. Registered in England 4851495 at William Curtis House, Lenten Street, Alton, Hampshire GU34 1HH